Thursday, July 15, 2004

Slipped-Jaw

Well, I just got back from a rather painless time at the dentist. Boring, but thankfully painless.

While I sat in the chair awaiting to get drilled (again), I couldn't help by analyze and mentally critique to myself the painting that they had set up in front of me. It was a realistic landscape painting using heightened colors and idealized lighting. Too artificial for my liking, but then again, realism and painting were never enjoyable to me.

Anyway, the actual filling went off rather smoothly thanks to my ability to slip my lower jaw left and right. I attribute this to the small time I spent mimicking Jim Carry after watching The Mask way back then. Dr. Lunn, my dentist, said that if I wasn't able to do that, the filling would be harder to fill and we would probably end up doing a crown instead.

In any event, I can't eat for a while, and the right side of my mouth feels like it isn't there thanks to the novacain. Guess that means I'm skipping lunch.

Tomorrow is the last day of anything remotely interesting happening to me during this summer vacation. I'm going to church to tie dye praying (no pun intended) that someone is prepared over there. I looked at the newsletter that is stuck to the door by a magnet, and it sounds like no one has a clue how to do it given how they worded their sentences.

No comments: