Wednesday, June 25, 2003

My mother is crazy. This comfirms it.

Just awhile ago, I went to the store to check out some of the computers that a company is auctioning off because they filed bankruptcy. The desktop computers were all a bust as far as what they had out there. Don't get me wrong. The specks and numbers were all really good. It's just, none of them caught my interest like this one laptop they have. It was a Compaq with almost anything and everything on it for a mordern work/company laptop. All the bays you'll need, USB, even a one-touch media button set up! They estimate it will bring in about $300. Since I only have $19 in my wallet, that counts me out.

During a downtime in the lunch rush in the store, my mother tells me about this idea of hers. She says that since we are in the same market as those that cater to dinner needs as far as food goes that we should have like a dinner meal to go special and that we should experiment with the idea of what to serve at home first. I knew the moment she told me this that I was going to be involved one way or the other. She wants to send me off to that culinary school she found just so I can cook all the gourmet meals. I told her that I don't have to go because all we are doing is experimenting with this idea, like all the other ideas that go nowhere. I also told her that she was going to have to buy me alot of food items I know we don't have. Hey, come on, what's the point of preparing a meal if you don't have the right ingrediants? She told me she wants one meat, one chicken, and one fish dish. Fish I think I can do if I'm not distracted. All I have to remember is what Dan did that one night with the salmon steak. Chicken I know I can do... but it requires beer. Meat I think I can pull off... but it requires Jack Daniel's no. 7 whiskey. In the mists of it all, I started to run down some stuff that I want to experiment also as a side or as a meal in itself. I kept telling my mother that she is going to regreat putting me on this since I plan to buy alot of food I know she doesn't have here already. It got to the point where she said that she'd do the cooking. As pleasing as this was to hear, for some reason I wasn't happy when she said that. Go figure. I actually wanted to show off some to her since she's missed me actually cooking for two nights. So, as far as I know, tomorrow we are going to shop for items and I'm going to cook since tonight we are eating out.

Later, on our way home, we stopped by Target to pick up that trunk I was eying and getting depressed about. The strange thing is, my mother said that I've been nagging about it for the longest time. If I remember correctly, I haven't talked to her about it since the day I found it there for $30!! What has she been sniffing? Frankly, I think her wires were crossed, because the only thing I've been nagging to her about recently is about how much food she is going to by for the experiment.

In any case, I finally got that trunk I want.

No comments: