Monday, October 04, 2004

Sleepless

Last night was the roughest and most restless night I have ever had.

I couldn't sleep. I kept turning and tossing in my bed as if I was looking for something. As if I wanted to find someone with me each time I shifted my body. I wanted someone to hold me and lull me back to sleep with a "Hey, what's wrong? It's okay. I'm here. Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

When I could go to sleep, I dreamt about friends that I saw from a distance. I saw comrades in battle stick together. I saw best friends hanging out doing nothing. I even saw several cartoon shows about friends replay in my mind as if I was watching them on television!

I need someone I can sleep with. Not sex, but just someone to sleep with. These kind of nights are killing me.

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

can you just crawl into bed with your mom? you're never too old for that, you know...