Sunday, December 26, 2004

PS-No

This morning, after I finished cleaning my room rather quickly, I found myself being bribed to go to church. If I went, the family would go to the mall to help me look for my PS2 I wanted to buy. A few minutes later, I find out that I am coming along whether I agreed to the bribe or not in the first place.

After church, we went from store to store looking for the new PS2 slim model. It was the same story everywhere we went.

EBGames: None in stock, just display boxes
Toys R Us: None in stock (promptly displayed on a sign that the cashier was wearing on her head)
Target: None in stock since Thanksgiving
Best Buy: None in stock

We were going to hit up Wal-Mart, but by the time we got halfway there, my sister and I started to nod off into dreamland, so we went back home.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed that I couldn't find a PS2. I can say that I'm really shocked that it was sold out everywhere we went. I never had that happen before whenever I was looking for something. Normally, the supply would be readily available. On top of that, I'm assuming that the system being fairly old right now would have some in stock for people like me that didn't jump on the "I better get mind the first day it comes out" band wagon.

In any event, that's what happened today. I went shopping when people were returning and exchanging things and left with nothing. I feel guilty having forced everyone to tag along with me after church for well over four hours. Right now, I'm wishing that this little adventure never happened.

No comments: