Friday, December 03, 2004

I'm Sick

Right now I'm suffering through a cold given to me by my Clay Teacher. The first time I've been sick all semester long.

I was told my blog had become boring by two people that I prize above my own life, and so I've gone back to my old format.

Here is a month's worth of rants pent up because some idiots said I should shut the fuck up and keep my opinions off a public domain of some kind.

Thanksgiving
It would appear that, unless you have a large American family, you will not have the grand Thanksgiving dinner everyone pictures. There are homeless people eating soup out of cans if they are lucky enough to find one. There are people eating microwaved meals alone because they have no one to spend the holidays with. And for me, you have a poor excuse for a feast in a status quo that practically was the inspiration for the famous Rockwell painting associated with this holiday.

Thanksgiving was a bust for me. I don't ever remember it being a big festive time of the year, unlike with Christmas. As far back as I can remember, it's been an excuse to just pull out the fancy plates. We never really had the picture perfect spread like some families do. Hell, this year we didn't even have a good veggie spread!

And like usual, we went our separate ways after the dinner. I went on the computer, my sister went back to reacquaint herself with her room. My mom and dad went to watch TV. My aunt went to watch a movie in her room.

What happened to this family?

Mickey Got Hacked
Some time after Thanksgiving, MouseInfo.com reported that they got hacked.

Question. Who the fuck would hack into a Disney Fan site?

Answer. A kid that has way too much time on his hand and is so insecure in themselves, the make me look like Superman. A person that believes Disney is for babies and doesn't like the fact there are college kids and adults out there that still love Disney as much as ever when we were 2 feet high. A really smart jackass out there that doesn't like that someone has a staff of friends that can bring updates and a forum with fun and mature topics outside of Disney online. A bitch that obviously has nothing better to do than try to impress people with a skill that could get the person arrested if actions are to take place.

This is why I support White Hat Hackers over Black Hats. White Hats don't shut down a whole site.

Gaia vs. Neopets
Gaia just now is getting back on its feet, but for the last three weeks, it's been fucking up left and right. Several things crashed because of one thing or the other. Then people were found cheating at the new Fishing game, and the administrators went on a banning spree, which caused several innocent people to get their accounts taken away from them. Most of the problems have been fixed now, but there is a bitter taste around the site after this, what with the Marketplace still closed and other errors.

Neopets, on the other hand, has its own unique problems. Being the Month of Giving, they decided to open the Advent Calendar, which gives you free stuff every day during the month of December. It's only been two days, and I'm already hearing things about how their prizes suck. They gave us a total of 1,200 Neopoints just for coming to them the past two days, and they are complaining about getting handed free money? While this may seem like a minor problem, which it is, one bigger problem is present in their main site draw. The Battledome is currently in "War Mode," and is lagging like hell during peak hours due to all 14 million people being on it at once trying to get a high score so they can get a free uber-weapon.

So why do I bring up two sites when Gaia users hate Neopets and don't want Gaia to be like Neopets? The sad truth is that, once Gaia gets their Battle area up and running, it will be like Neopets. The only thing that Gaia has over Neopets is that the people don't ask for free items 24/7.


Okay, that's enough. I need to attend to this damn cold.

No comments: