Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Little Things Make Me Smile

Last night, I was talking with David about a plan we've had since the day I was rejected from the Student Gallery. The plan is to spend the summer with him. Unfortunately, he will only be in town for one day, and on that day all my affairs must be in order to leave at the drop of a hat.

Last night, I displayed concern as to if this could be pulled off without a problem. My past experiences with this prove that too much planning causes more problems than preventing them. During the course of my conversation with David, I started to notice this and stopped myself. I was greeted with an IM saying to tell David when I'm ready so that he will be ready.

It didn't take me long to give what he said some serious thought. I thought that I had nearly killed this plan, a plan that I have wanted to do since the first moment he invited me.

I wrote an apology to him. An e-mail long enough to be considered a blog entry, if not a little bit longer than this one. It was explaining all of my worries and concerns. I became fully aware as to how little of a deal everything I was worried about really was. Still, I felt this e-mail was needed to fix something I know I broke.

Just a while ago, I checked my e-mail and saw that David had replied back. It was only two sentences long. He said, "Things will work out. Don't worry too much."

It made me smile. I don't know what it was about those two sentences, but there was something about what he said that made me feel so much better and less afraid that something may come up that I never foresaw coming. He made me feel more secure about what we've been planning to do since day one. And he did it without saying much of anything.

A word to the wise: People like him are very rare to come by. Appreciate them for all they are worth, for they are the real treasures of the world.

No comments: