Sunday, December 12, 2004

No More Memory

I went over to turn on my PSX to use a CD player while I play Pokemon, and I noticed that the "Mega Card" was acting up. The LCD screen kept flashing strange combinations of numbers and letters as well as different patters of blocks. I went to the Memory Card option and found out that the Mega Card is dead now. That means, I lost whatever saved games I had on there.

What games did I lose?

Both LUNAR games (The first one was a pain in the ass just getting all the secret pictures because of all the ridiculous one-time-only flags you had to set off.)

One of two versions of the Metal Gear Solid game (I'm not sure if I lost the Tuxedo version or the Alternate Camera Angle version.)

My back up of Elemental GearBolt (The game is notorious for deleting my file every time I boot it up.)

Any and all Final Fantasy Tactic saves (Which really kicks my ass because of how stupid the "Move-Find Item" skill works with chance and all that! I mean, seriously!)

The games that I didn't lose were WWF Raw (wrestling fetish, Hello?), the main Elemental GearBolt save, the save for Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, the Star Wars fighting game, DDR, Soul Blade, the other Metal Gear Solid file, Tomba, and--believe it or not--Parrapa the Rappa.

Oh well, doubt they make PSX memory cards that still work anymore. I wonder if what saved data I have is backwards compatible with the PS2 cards should I get a PS2.

The moral of the story: Sony products will only work with Sony products, so don't by anything that is from a third party!

I'm expecting my light gun I bought for Elemental GearBolt to follow the same path soon.

No comments: