Thursday, January 02, 2003

Whoever said things don't always go as planed is lying. Things never go as planed. At least, for me.

Yesturday, I was planning on getting up and leaving around 08:30 to restart my job hunt. Needless to say I need to woke on getting up early again. Despite the fact that I started about an hour or so later than I planed, I still was able to make it to Nippers Cornor a little after 09:35. No one was open.

I then decided to walk all the way pass my house in the other direction of equal distance to Wal-Mart. I knew where they held their applications, but it turns out they weren't hiring. Just sink my ass with the boat, why don't you?

Upon leaving the Wal-Mart area after remembering that the other stores in that area aren't really hiring either (Guess the Dollar Tree got their employee they are looking for, cause the "Now Hiring" sign isn't up.), I walked all the way back to Nippers to Movie Gallery to apply there again. Guess what? They aren't hiring either.

Beaten, tired, and cold, I walked back home.

So here I am, blogging away about my trek that was about the equivalent to... oh, 2 or 3 miles? while my feet just pulse with the pain of the fact that they weren't designed to walk on concreate (so says The Learning Channel) and my calf mucsles ache like they've just gone through another 100kcals of DDR. Strangely enough, my groin muscle (the muscle in between your legs that helps stablize your body with your legs, you pervert) is also feeling the strain.

Even strainger still, what's with all the seagulls in the Wal-Mart parking lot? We're land-locked!

No comments: