Friday, January 24, 2003

My head hurts for more reasons than one.

Last night, I was forced to sleep downstairs becaues it was going to be negative one outside. That's a new record low for the area. The reason was because my room is poorly insulated. We tried to save money by insulating it ourselves. Big mistake. Now, in the winter, I can feel the temprature outside as well as the heat during the summer. At least I don't feel the humidity.

This morning, I couldn't sleep on the couch at all cause my family kept yelling at each other over this and that. Mostly from what I remember about why so-and-so isn't ready to go. I knew they talked louded, but come on! I was sleeping right there in front of them, and what goes and happens? Plates clanking, yelling, mircowave beepping, doors opening and closing. I was lucky enough to actually get some sleep after they all left!

Five hours later, I woke up to my aunt having lunch. It's her day off, so that's nothing new. Knowing that it must be warmer in my room by now, I dragged my body up there and slept a few more hours to make up for this morning's chaos.

I had the strangest dream while I was sleeping too. I dreamed I was a member of this mafia group, only I was the kid that didn't know the ropes let alone how to fire a gun straight! It looked like it was taking place in some beach city with a trolly system. The strangest part was the fact that they, the boss, sent me to cornor this guy that they were chasing that looked like none other than Leonardo DiCaprio. I don't know. I'm just glad I don't remember much of that dream right now.

When I woke up again, it was nearly three or so in the afternoon, so I had a late lunch. Deep fried shrimp egg rolls! Four of them!! Apparently, according to my aunt, the shrimp and the cabbage absorbed some of the oil. That combined with gulps of water and trying to surpress belches cause some minor indigestion. Nothing some TV couldn't cure, right?

My room was colder than when I left it. I turned on that dinky and poor excuse for a heater to try and warm up. I ended up shivering next to it for about 10 minutes. I figured I needed a distraction from the cold, so I turned on one of my video games and played that as I was trying to heat up. I thought that the stomache ache would go away, but what ended up happening somewhere between beating up the fifth Time Mage I came across and saving my game was that the pain just transfered to my head.

Today's been lousy.

No comments: