Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Ever since I found it and deleted my saved games for it off the memory card, I've been debating on if I should go and replay Final Fantasy Tactics. The thing isn't find a reason as to why I should even play it again! Yes, it's got an excellent story, and I love the battles, but there had to be more to it. I mean, why else did I buy it in the first place?

So here I was on GameFAQs looking up how to steal the rare Genji Armor, how to learn Ultima and Zodiac, and how to get Cloud in the game when all of a sudden it hit me!

I bought the game for one reason and one reason only! The battles! The best part for me in almost all RPGs are the battles and being able to kick ass. I didn't really care about the rarity of armor or if my guys were equiped with the best weapons (well, half the time) or what monstor I should poach for what. I just wanted to kick some ass! Sure getting the secret characters was cool, and I know that I'll do it again just to get it right this time, but the real fun for me was beating up all those monsters and soldiers! Even at level 99, it was still fun cause you had to work to get all these skills to make the character just right.

It makes me wonder why I invested money on the walkthru at the time. Maybe that was before I found out how good GameFAQs is. Oh well...

No comments: