Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Finally, something better than the whole "We're not hiring." shit I've had to deal with.

I just got back from H. G. Hills, a locally owned grocery chain here in the south. I really was expecting to just be slapped with the same old shit that I've had to deal with for the past few days making more depressed than I already was. I mean, I was already trying to deal with the fact that James and Sam are in heavy need of medical attention on a biblical scale (at least to me it felt like they were). Being handed another "We're not hiring right now." would just throw me over the edge!

I didn't get that from H. G. Hills. What I got was that they were accepting applications. In my past experiance here, and I could be wrong, whenever they say that, they really mean one of two things. Either:

1. Impress us if you can, or...
2. We have the money to hire you, but we really don't need you right now.

I wonder if it had anything to do with how I was dressed. Probibly not since I wear pretty much the same thing everyday. My drawers are like a cartoon character's, the same style lined up in a row almost.

In any event, I hope this is a good sign.

No comments: