Friday, April 08, 2005

False Advertisement or My Own Stupidity

If you go here and read through everything, you'll get a general idea as to why I'm getting a headache now.

It would appear that Flickr isn't what I thought it was.

I thought it was a site where I can upload an unlimited amount of photos and all of them would be viewable. I thought my only limits were that only 10 MB of upload traffic can be allowed during a calendar month and that I was only allowed three sets under the Free Account option. I was under the impression that the 100 "Photostream" feature was more of a "Most Recent Uploaded" feature.

Turns out that apparently I can only show 100 pictures under the free account, and once that happens, any that roll over the limit are not generally accessible to anyone. That is, unless I have a pro-account.

Right now, I'm having mixed feelings about this. I like the site and all its goodies, but the fact that I can only upload and share 100 pictures at any given time isn't weighing in as well as the fact that Photobucket will let me share all the photos I can fit given the storage space and monthly bandwidth limitations. However, while Photobucket could potentially let me have several more pictures than what I have right now, Flickr lets people comment about the picture as well as let me highlight certain areas of the picture to point out something interesting.

Both, however, offer some kind of unlimited key if I can lay down the cash.

I'll never find an absolute free and limitless photo sharing site. I'm surprised Blogger hasn't set limitations on my free account yet, but at the same time very thankful that they haven't considered having paid members.

If anyone reading this knows of a free site I can share my photos with that works the way I want it to (no storage limits, album/set options, able to leave comments, can show all photos at any time, etc.), please let me know in the comments section.

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

i wish i knew of another.