Monday, April 18, 2005

Black & White and Blue

For the first time this semester, I couldn't enjoy being in Black & White photo.

My teacher took a look at the busted camera and said that it was pretty much lost. He could fix it if he could get inside the casing, but he knew that if he did, things would just get worst. There's a lot of little and very precise pieces of machinery in that 30-year-old camera. One false move and it could be in worst shape than it is now.

I had several options, all of which ended up canceling out into just one.

The first of which was to wait on the school camera. The school has one 35mm manual camera they will let students check out. Well, it was gone for finals in another student's name.

The second option was to wait on my teacher's camera, which he let another student have for finals as her camera kept scratching the film. She won't be done with it until the following Wednesday, which doesn't give me enough time to work.

The last option is to just go ahead and develop the nine shots I had on the roll of film. I, personally, didn't like this option because of how much film I was going to waste.

But seeing as I had no other choice, I went ahead and developed the roll.

Not in the mood to print, I made a poor excuse for a contact sheet and showed what I had to my teacher. He said I had enough for six new prints. That would mean that I'm one short, as the assignment for the final was seven new prints and three older prints that would fit in the series.

Being the nice guy my teacher is, he said we'll figure out something.

At this point, I needed comfort food. That normally means something Italian. Unfortunately, the pizza shop across the parking lot was closed, so I resorted to having a gyro. Not exactly comfort food, but it will do.

Looks like Jonny's going to have to buy a new camera for Dad, which makes no sense because the last time he used the one I broke was about 10 years ago.

2 comments:

Leggy Pee said...

so really u are buying anew camera for yourself. not a bad thing!

Anonymous said...

Dude. The word is "worse" not "worst." You are comparing two things, so use the comparative, not the superlative.