Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Fragments and Trojans and Spam! Oh my!

I hate technology. It is one of those things that I wish I never got into. Kind of like a drug. I love it when I can enjoy it, but when I can't I hate it.

After finally having it with all the pop-ups and spam that came my way, made it a point to run AdAware. I ran it five fucking times, and I still could not get rid of any of them. Someone told me that it may be a virus, so I signed out of everything and ran a virus scan. You can find the program I used in the links. I found and deleted 14 viruses. All if which had the letters "AD" in them.

I remembered being told that AIM and all of the other instant messaging programs have a hole in it that people can use to send you evil things like spyware and viruses. I didn't want to deal with all these pop ups again, so I nuked what IM programs I have. I have no real use for them anymore since I only talk to one or two people on them at a time. Besides, it will help me better distance myself and any chance of running into "them."

Then I ran a system defrag just to make this machine run better.

So, the computer has been on for the last two hours and a half doing nothing more but maintenance work. I'm tired and bitter, and really don't want to deal with any more of this shit. It's bad enough that I had to go all that emotional shit the other day with my aunt's DVD. The last thing I need is for my escape to be an asshole to me.

So, just for the record, the only way that you (all three of you) can get in contact is with the following methods listed from greatest chance of reply: any of my e-mails, Gaia's, MouseInfo.com's, Superdude.net's, or Neopet's private message system, RuneScape's live chat provided you can find me, and this blog.

I need a vacation.

No comments: