Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Distracted by the Second Head

It was bound to happen.

I am pulling some overtime in the studio, which means I'm coming in during my "days off." Mostly to get some things done that I cannot do at home due to other distractions. While taking a break from the computer to get some blood flowing and to give my eyes a rest from being bombarded by whatever dangerous invisible rays are being emitted off this computer screen, I ran into my current crush Luke. Head-to-toe denim with a newly shaved head and a trim but attractive facial hair that hid what little grey he has rather nicely but still made him look as young as he really is. As usual, he was all smiles with a mug of coffee in his hand.

We exchanged polite conversation, but I noticed that I was unusually close to him in proximity during the walk down the hallway. By the time I caught myself, he had to duck back into the class he was in. Apparently he needed the mug of coffee in order to get his mind ready for the critique that was going to happen.

I've been very good so far at curbing my perversions and dirty thoughts, limiting them to only the occasional Freudian slip or purposely-placed innuendo. Now that I'm back from my walk around the building to keep my blood flowing to my legs, I'm back to acting like a dog in heat. At least in my own mind as I silently use the pen tool to cutout digital images of my head we took this morning with the school's camera.

I know someone is going to call me out on this behavior sooner than later, and before you know it, I'll be in a very socially awkward position. And I hate when that happens, because I just don't know what to do when those moments happen. I like to think I know what I would do in those moments, but those scenarios are similar to sexual fantasies that will never be played out even if the situation presents itself.

5 comments:

Robert Stone said...

Thoughts are not dirty
but their interpretations
may be perversions
.

Anonymous said...

Close-talking is creepy. There's even a Seinfeld episode about it. Personally I prefer to maintain breath-proof distance during conversation. I don't want to smell how long it's been since someone brushed his teeth any more than I want them to smell me.

You'll know when attraction is mutual.

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

Jason is an expert on keeping one's distance. He thinks a couple of thousand miles is about right for him and me when we are exchanging messages.

I actually touched him once but there were a lot of people around at the time.

Robert

Anonymous said...

Not one bit of that comment that does NOT sound creepy, Robert.

Robert Stone said...

Sorry Jason,

I meant to be funny. Your behavior towards me has been the height of decorum. Nothing has ever happened that I would be ashamed for anyone to see.

Keeping one's distance
is an unmeasurable
personal secret
.

Robert