Sunday, September 07, 2008

Forced Representation

I forced myself to produce something, mostly to turn in for Monday.

The digital sketches, as I call them, suck. They look like (and excuse my internet terminology here) noobish photoshopping attempts by some skript kiddie that bit torrented GIMP because of some scary DRM Adobe may or may not have installed with their best selling products. They aren't my worst works, but they are certainly not something I want to look at again. However, given the nature of the class, I will have to look at these ugly cut-and-paste digital photo montages again as I tighten them up over the course of the next three weeks.

My first critique is next Monday. I'll start with the easiest one, as I'm not even sure IF the most difficult one of the two ideas that I've solidified will work when I clean it up. I have a third idea involving the avatars I use to create a more sexually attractive me, but nothing that has solidified into a visual idea.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I am afraid that I don't quite understand this. Photo montages can be many different things, time sequences, place offsets very small or large, patternings into representations of activities, etc. So just what are you trying to do.

In my mind digital sketches would not be fodder for montages. Just draw the complications the way you want them when you actually do the sketch to begin with.

I'm not an artist;
but if we both say you are,
you may be an artist
.

Robert