Saturday, September 27, 2008

Process Documentation

Photobucket
Studio as of Friday. Has since changed in order to make more room for things to be put up.

Photobucket
Left Side

Photobucket
Right Side

Photobucket
First Triptic. Found favorable were the first two on the left.

Photobucket
Detail

Photobucket
Detail

Photobucket
Detail

Photobucket
Second Triptic. Digitally documented individually on the Mac, so all I did was take the picture of them together to get a better sense of how they would look properly arranged. Same goes for the two peices above it. I'll probably post JPEGs of those if pursuaded.

Photobucket
Detail from Left Side

Photobucket
Detail from Left Side

Photobucket
Detail from Left Side

Photobucket
Largest peice on the Left Side. Also the least worked on.

Photobucket
Detail from Left Side. The result of not caring about how it would turn out. Surprisingly, nobody's called me out on the potential "penis envy" signifier with the black sandpaper.

Presentation for the show is in two weeks. Ideally, I know they want me to be ready to hang and have nothing to do but frame my pieces. Thing is, if it has taken me this long just to get the process done, how long will it take me to get pieces printed and framed? Everything is due the week of Halloween, and life got in the way with the whole identity theft fiasco.

I guess a part of me has resigned to believing that no matter what I do or how well I do it, there will always be someone out there that won't like it. And as such, I'm probably not trying or pushing myself as hard. Which is bothering me since I've heard nothing but genuine interest from the faculty about the SUBJECT of my thesis.

No comments: