Saturday, August 16, 2008

Out of Uniform, Out of Character

I am now the proud owner of a brand new, 15 inch MacBook Pro. With Final Cut 4 Express and the Adobe Publishing Suite for all my video and graphic needs. I was also able to cash in on a Back to School promotion and was able to buy a 32 GB iPod Touch.

And since that day, my mannerisms have been rather different. I went to see two movies I wouldn't normally see alone. And I enjoyed them. I actually had fun by myself. I even bought a box of over-priced candy from the concession stand!

And to top it all off? I treated my parents to dinner!

These are the things that I don't normally do for one reason or another. The most common reason is because I'm just too damn cheap.

The thing is, I have been looking forward to this day for the better part of this week. I was looking forward to making my first big ticket purchase in a long time. And I was looking forward to having a double feature at the theatre before my school leave activated.

The only thing that could have made it better was if my calls to an old friend were returned. I left a rather unorthodox message on their voice mail, essentially saying that it would be the last time they will probably hear from me unless they call back.

Now, normally, instead of blogging, I would be cracking open that cardboard box and getting my new machine set up to my liking. However, I feel like I need to come back down to Earth, so I'm putting that off until I've had some sleep. The entire day today, I was acting as if I was made out of money.

And it felt good. I don't remember ever feeling like I could own the world before, but it felt so good.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Out of the earth growth,
out of the ordinary
days to own the world.