Saturday, August 23, 2008

iCollect Too Much Crap

Today was to be the day where I consolidated all my technology into one nice Swiss Gear backpack designed specifically for this kind of iLife style our society has become.

Things were going great so far. I got up early, actually cleaned my PC tower from all the dust and dog hair, and I was able to put my iPod touch into a very sleek and stylish leather case to protect it. I even started the foundation of how my bag will be organized once everything is in there, with accessories for the iPod in one pocket while marking a location for a few software CD with the features card that came with the bag.

I then proceeded to get rid of all the Amazon.com orders that have found a home near the computer. Or at least the ones that my OCD would allow me to take to my room.

That's when I realized I had another underlying problem. I have no space for my media. The movies I bought and watched are stacked one on top of the other in a dangerous balancing act on top of books that I meant to read but were too lazy to even break open. More money to the author, I guess. I even tried to fix this problem only to find out that I collect way too much crap because of my own quirks. Happy Meal toys for color, plushies for warmth, video games for what used to be entertainment.

I don't know what I should do with all this stuff. I can't seem to bring myself to sell most of them for one reason or another, and even if I could, some of them are so old I probably won't get more than $5 for them unless they are in REALLY rare numbers.

I guess that's what eBay is for. People like me who want top dollar for crap they don't want. Now if only I can bring myself to part with it... or bring myself to buy a bigger book shelf.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

To tear down one's barns
to build even bigger barns
is dangerous hope
.