Saturday, August 23, 2008

All Set! Kind of...

I'm typing this blog entry from the MacBook I just finished getting everything set up. That includes things like downloading MacTheRipper (God, that was a difficult server to find.) for any DVD editing needs from my library. No, I'm not going to rip something and then upload it onto YouTube. I was going to download Flip4Mac for all my WMV video files I want to edit on here, but I'm confused as to what the deal is with that program. I honestly thought it was a free program, but the trial version you get is like the trial version for Fraps in that it leaves watermarks all over the place of your video you are trying to capture/convert. I'll have to talk to my film friends about what to do about that.

I guess there isn't much of anything left for me to do other than to get used to this skin I bought to protect the keyboard from my greasy hands. The texture of it is inhibiting my typing speed, but at lease now I won't have to worry about the M key losing its letter.

2 comments:

Tony said...

There's no way around paying for the ability to import/export wmv content. There aren't any free apps that will do that. Flip4Mac is the best option. For playback it's free, but, since wmv is a microsoft owned format, they charge F4M for licensing the extended features.

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I checked out one of Antonio's blog posts where he says:

It's almost impossible to take an issue that is causing you negative emotion and change it by thinking about it, so, what you have to do is take your thoughts away from that issue and begin thinking about what you want and why you want it. In that vibrational offering of thought you will attract more of the postive flow into your life.

That sounds like advice for your thesis although it's not what he had in mind at all.

Robert