Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Yogurt May Help Dieters Shed More Body Fat

From Yahoo! News

Among 34 obese men and women who went on a 12-week, reduced-calorie diet, those who ate three daily servings of yogurt shed more fat around the middle compared with dieters who got little to no dairy and low amounts of calcium.

The findings add to recent evidence linking calcium and dairy foods to slimmer waistlines, including research showing that children and teens who get the recommended amounts of milk, yogurt and cheese tend to be leaner than their peers who shun dairy.
Well, I've always known that I need to increase my calcium intake in my diet, and I am getting rather offended that my own mother is calling me fat.

I better tell my dad to get a bulk supply of yogurt then next time he goes to Sam's Club for supplies.

No comments: