Monday, March 07, 2005

Starting to Think Practically

Over the weekend, I've been trying to get Jason out of my head knowing well enough that it wouldn't work out no matter how much I wanted it to. Yes, I know. I'm more than likely being too hard on myself. Given my situation, Jason could be the best thing to happen to me since David cancelled what I hoped would be my ultimate summer.

But you have to remember something. Jason is just way out of my league.

I have a tendency to not think things in a practical sense. If my last project in sculpture tells me anything, I'm overly ambitious when put in a situation without limits. Yes, in my eye I can produce some amazing results aimed at a small and select few.

But I need to know my limits.

With that project, my limits were time and money. Later, gravity was another factor. With Jason, my limitations are pretty much the same as when I fancied Andrew and James. He is just too damn good for me. His paintings make me wish I could do better (and we all know where that leads, don't we?). The way he carries himself when I've seen him is so strong and proud.

Given how I am, it would never work.

No comments: