Friday, December 27, 2002

It finally dawned on me today.

I just got off DDR in workout mode. I only burned off 57.714kcals. I'm asuming that the K in kcals means kilo as in thousand. I feel beat and weak. I remember a time when I used to be able to do that without getting tired, when I could do about twice that much before I would sweat.

The thing is, I was distracted. Whenever you play video games, you have to concentrait sometimes. Especially with this game. Concentration with DDR can mean the differance between winning and losing. But like I said, I was distracted. Playing DDR at home just felt alien to me. I've done it before, but for some reason, it just didn't feel right.

That's when it finally hit me. I got too used to playing it on the big arcade machine! I got too used to just shifting my weight to make the arrow register instead of having to stomp on the mat. I got too used to the flashing lights in a dark room. I got too used to not having to use my feet to guide through the menu. I got too used to playing this game with shoes and jeans instead of socks and sweatpants!! I got used to the shock absorbers in the metal stage instead of the sound of my floor creaking and the decoration atop the entertainment center shaking! I got too used to paying to play!! I GOT TOO USED TO THE ATTENTION I GOT PLAYING!

Man, who knew this would happen?

No comments: