Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Boredom strikes, and this creative mind goes into overdrive? No, just hopes that come out of nowhere that I wish never made themselves known. What kind of hopes? Okay, so maybe the word "hopes" isn't the best word to describe these. More like impossible fantasies, dreams that will never come true. You know, those kind of things. The stuff you keep to yourself hoping that they happen? You know what I'm talking about. Everyone has one. If you don't have one, then you must be something not human.

So what is going through my mind that's making me blog yet again for the, what? Fifth time? What could possibly be going through my mind worth meantioning, worth the time it takes for me to type it up, worth your time to read it? What kind of rediculous dream is in my head this time?

I hope you have a snack with you right now.

Have you ever wished you could be cooler? I have. I've always dreamed that I was this uber-gamer like in that one 80s movie The Wiz Kid. The thing is, I wouldn't be this kid that knew the in's and out's of stupidly popular games of my generation. I'd be this kid that was like DJ 8Ball on DDRFreak.com that could freestyle at the drop of a hat. My little secret from society. So when would this secret come out? When it could gain me some attention. Dreams or not, I'm an attention hog. I want to be in the spotlight if I can for something I know I'm good at. Hell, I've had dreams where I was this member of the once-popular Real World/Road Rules Challenge. I say "once-popular" because Survivor took over the reality-TV market, it seems. Anyway, I would be on the Real World side with some girl member that I got all buddy-buddy with on the show, supposibly. The whole dream thing goes like this. The next mission/challenge we get shoots us up to either Seattle or Nashville. Either way, we end up in a GameWorks arcade. For example, if it was in Nashville, it would be at the grand opening at OpryMills or something to that effect. The reason we are at GameWorks is to have a Dance Dance Revolution dance off between the two teams. Go figure, huh? To make it fair, and so no one looks like a compleate dummy, they give us a day to train. Some point in the mission, the members of my team begin to get pissed at me for not trainning. Apparently, in my little fantasy, it gets to the point where someone pushes me onto the machine and forces me to pick a damn song. Up untill this point, everyone has been doing easy songs. Naturally, since I can't pass an oppurtunity to show off, I pick a song no one would touch because it's too hard... well, for them at least. Well, they are awed and as I compleate the whole three song set, I end up being labeled the winning card in the deck. From there, it gets predictable. At the major compitition, I show off and win it for Real World. And then I look like the big cool guy on campus that everyone would love to be around because his aura just expells coolness.

It will never happen.

Do you wish you could ever do something impossible? Do you wish you were good looking to the point where you'd be a modern day Adonis? Who doesn't?! Ever since my first experiance watching the martial arts in action, I've always wanted to be this second Bruce Lee. Yes, it is possible, but given my age, I wouldn't be able to reach the goal I wanted with this seemingly realistic dream. Maybe I'm setting my standards too high. I wanted to be able to do all the stuff that ninjas and samuris and assasins do. Climb walls just by running up them, draw swords in a flash, defend myself from a mob of attackers without breaking a sweat. The kind of stuff that would make you sit back and go "DAMN!" The kind of athletism that would cause a built so tight and lean it would be called perfect by any other description. The kind that every modeling agency scout would be looking for and would pay thousands of dollars for.

That will never happen.

Man, who knew that today alone would be so.... sucky for me as far as how my mind is at right now. I mean, it's Christmas for Christ's sake! He was born today! I should be all happy and celebrating!

I must be an alien.

No comments: