Thursday, May 21, 2009

EA SPORTS Active's 30 Day Challenge - The Break Day That Didn't Happen

Okay, I know I said I'd give Wii Fit some attention today, but the fact of the matter is my thighs still hurt from the days before. And since the bulk of what I do on Wii Fit involves the legs, I opted out of it for my own health. Ironic, no?

Strangely enough, Active gave me the option of taking a break, which was all over the Journal today, or actually doing the next workout session. Early in the morning, I decided to not bother with the program, much to the software's dislike. Talk about fickle! What does it want me to do? Take a break or not?!

But later today, I decided to create a custom workout that focused on my arms. They weren't burning yet, and I figure burning something is better than nothing as far as how today went. I mean, 20 minutes walking the dog? Not really a work out.

And Active let me perform this session. It even graded me for the day. And in case you are wondering, I didn't do very well, favoring only a 79% overall for the day. Why? Because I didn't meet the calorie burn goal for my custom work out. Who knew boxing the heavy bag 400 times in under two minutes would be so difficult?

The biggest surprise is how much my diet has changed in just two days. I work around soda and for the first time I didn't fill up on it. I work next to a hamburger grill, but instead of ordering my usual, I got something off of the healthy menu. I hope to make a habit out of this. It's bad enough the software keeps getting on my ass about not eating enough.

In other related news, my dad tried out the resistence band that came with Active. He said it doesn't give much resistence. I trolled the EA Forum set up for Active, and it appears he's not the only one that believes this. In fact, a lot of people are going out and buying better, more resistent bands to use. While it is a smart option to consider, I'm sticking with this one for now. Despite my first impressions, it's actually doing the job as advertised.

No comments: