Tuesday, May 26, 2009

EA SPORTS Active's 30 Day Challenge - Day 6

Today's routine was fairly light. Running, combination bicep curls and upright rows, some boxing drills, and an introduction to basketball using the Balance Board. Seems weird how I just breezed through that workout and still managed to burn 10 calories more than the projected results.

Another strange bit that happened this morning is that my weight dropped to 154. Dropping anywhere between 2 to 3 lbs. over the course of 24 hours is said to be normal, but keeping it off is where the challenge is. I'm using Wii Fit to keep track of my weight with a goal set to be around 150 lbs. by the end of the 30 Day Challenge. I'm actually aiming to be at about 135, but I'm not expecting to get that lean.

That said, the Journal today did something rather funny. It assumed that because I haven't reported eating fast food that I've been cooking my own meals at home. In reality, I have been going to fast food resturants but I've been ordering off their healthy menu. That's one of the interesting things about where I work. You can go to the burger joint down the block and still find something that will please the health nuts. For the Journal to assume that I've been cooking my own meals when I haven't even logged in cooking in the Other Activities Survey is rather strange.

Tomorrow is a break day, and I intend to keep to it. My arms are now what's hurting since getting a new resistance band. It's also the first day off I've had from work since getting Active, so it should be interesting to see if my behavior has changed any. Why do I say that? Because normally I just sit around and surf the internet on my days off. When I'm not walking to the bank to deposit my check, that is.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

It is a good thing to blog about doing exercise on a regular basis because one needs that or a class situation with others for motivation.

Taking Skippy on a long walk each and every day would be an excellent thing.

It is not a good idea to lose weight too rapidly. When my doctor put me on a diet a few years back, he said that a half pound a week was enough but I actually lost a whole pound each week. Alas, I didn't keep it up and now weight twenty pounds more than I did then.

The diet my doctor gave me essentially was a calorie counting one where every other day one stayed strictly with the good food and only the amount needed. The other days one could eat whatever one wanted. Being able to think about having anything one wants on the days when one is sticking to the strict diet, gives a kind of hopeful satisfaction. In truth after a while, on the days one can eat whatever one wants, one doesn't really want all that much.

Keep up the exercise. Take care of Skippy.

Robert