Wednesday, May 27, 2009

EA SPORTS Active's 30 Day Challenge - Day 7

I intended to take the day off and be lazy, but every bit of slothful actions I did just made me feel very guilty about doing them. Then again, I’m Catholic by association so having guilt is a given. By lunch when I had fast food with my mom and sister, the guilt was so high that I decided to go ahead and bump the Day 7 workout up a day.

Active didn’t mind. It gave me the obligatory warning about how resting is important to developing muscle strength and cardio endurance, but after that prompt disappeared, I was allowed to do the Day 7 workout.

It was a balanced workout featuring an equal amount of lower and upper body exercises with some minor cardio. Introduced into the mix was volleyball, which was a welcome change after failing at the non-Balance-Board version of the tennis drills. Seriously, I hate tennis. I can only imagine how bad I’ll be when they introduce the baseball drills into the workout.

The thing that I took away from today’s workout was how strangely compact the setting is. I was expecting a different location for the volleyball drills, but noticed the court is next to the track during the running portion of the workout. In fact, with the exception of the inline skating drills, everything is near the track. You can see the gazebo where the boxing and cardio dancing drills next to the tennis court next to the volleyball court. On the other side of the gazebo are the platforms you do the upper and lower body exercises on, which are next to a basketball court. Across from that is the baseball diamond. The whole setting is very utopian, and I swear one of the NPCs looks like Oprah. I guess the visuals are not very stimulating any more and just serve as instructional now. As a result, I am starting to take note on little details that I failed to notice the first several times through.

No comments: