Monday, May 25, 2009

EA SPORTS Active's 30 Day Challenge - Day 5

You want to know the strange thing about today’s workout? I almost forgot I did it. I was all set up and ready to go this afternoon only to find that I had a little red check mark next to today saying I completed the workout.

I’m not saying that Day 5 is easy, as I still have the program set to a medium intensity and I have a new resistance band. I’m just saying that it is starting to become routine and habit forming.

What I do remember is the odd looping that today’s workout had. Basically, it started with some running, transitioned to squats and lunges, had me do a combination exercise involving bicep curls and shoulder presses, and then had me hit some boxing targets. After the boxing exercise, the program went through the previous exercises in reverse order. The only thing that broke it up was a run of inline skating, which still is taking a toll on my knees.

Wii Fit says I dropped back to 157, though it still feels rather odd that I was ever close to that weight at all given how much I’ve been eating and what I’ve been eating. Thankfully, I’ve been avoiding MacDonald’s for at least a month now, but that doesn’t mean I’m in the clear from fatty foods. The only thing that’s making this change in my diet so damn difficult is my love/dependency on soda. One every so often is okay, but I really want to have at least one a day, and I know that’s a bad thing.

God, I miss soda...

No comments: