Saturday, June 28, 2008

Passing Comments

It didn't take long for my second celebrity encounter. And this time, I got to share the excitement of the moment.

I called my sister up to see what she was doing, but she was deep into her Date Night with her boyfriend. I made the passing comment about how I was just wondering if they wanted to see WALL-E on me tonight, but apologized for interrupting them and said I would call home to get a ride. A few moments later, I got a text message saying they would like to see the movie.

To make up for potentially ruining their night, I was able to sneak them out some promotional watches we give to anyone that buys a kids ticket on Opening Weekend of WALL-E. And, yes, the fact they got to see a movie for free wasn't enough at the time.

While we were waiting for the movie to start, my sister made the passing comment that she was hungry. A co-worker of mine was working the crowd trying to get people to buy ice cream. I waved her down, but ultimately didn't buy anything from her because nobody had cash. She playfully scolded me for being a bad friend and a bad co-worker...

...and then made the passing comment that Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were in the theatre. She pointed in a vague direction, and my sister and her boyfriend began to scan the crowd. I spotted Nicole rather quickly and, unimpressed, said "Oh, there she is." Five minutes later, she rested her head on Keith's shoulder and I saw his mop-top hiding in the shadows.

Needless to say, the excitement was very contagious between the three of us.

Being who she is, she left immediately once the movie ended. When we left, I made the passing comment "She forgot her water." My sister told me to move along as her boyfriend smiled and laughed at me. Apparently, they knew what I was thinking.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon, if Nicole Kidman ever speaks to you, you will be struck dumb. Robert