Monday, September 27, 2004

Sometimes you have to be submissive.

I had to swallow my pride around 18:00 yesterday. I made the mistake of signing online to check on my sister due to the extreme curiosity of what is going on in her life by my parents. She was online, so I said hi. The moment I said that, I became the messenger for all of my computer illiterate parental figures. Well, IM-illiterate if you are talking about my mom.

While this was going on, Bill signed on. I told David the night before that I may not be on since yesterday was a school night. Well, I thought I'd say hello just to because I happen to be on. I wasn't expecting to be barked at and ordered around, but it was dinner time for me. Our conversation took a back seat to my messaging my sister, something I wish wasn't the case.

In the end, I was ordered three or four times by an annoyed mother to eat at the table and not at the desktop. My good-byes were rushed, and I felt like I hurt Bill more than actually giving him a taste of my situation. I know he'll tell me to forget about it. I hopefully will by Thursday. He loves me, and I love him. We are like brothers. We fight, we love, and we love to fight.

It feels good to feel this feeling once again after so long. I wonder if he feels the same way.

Personally, I hate being a slave to my parents. I complain and everything about it here because I know I can't to their faces with making things worst. Strangely enough, I have this odd feeling that all this will actually benefit me in the end. Being bossed around by my parents when I'm doing something I want to do. Unfortunately, I have no clue what that benefit is, but I'm sure something will come up that will make me thankful my parents were such slave-drivers.

No comments: