Monday, September 20, 2004

The Fender Bender Offender of a Beautiful Day

Today was a beautiful day. The sky was a nice series of relaxing blues, not a cloud in the sky. It wasn't too hot, nor was it too cold, nor was it too breezy. It was a beautiful and relaxing day.

Ruined.

Charlie works the front desk in the afternoon to evening hours. He sees me leave my classes, and on some occasions sees me waiting for my ride as he walks to and from the gyro restaurant with his take-out dinner.

Today, he felt like ribbing me about how I don't drive. I was enjoying the sights and feeling of the afternoon when, out of nowhere, Charlie comes up and says "You need to get your license." I know he meant nothing by it, but he ruined a good moment of reflection and enjoyment I rarely get. On his way back to the front desk with his dinner, he said to me "You know, you would have been home by now if you could drive." Again, he meant nothing by it, but at the same time he ruined another nice moment I rarely get to myself.

Why is it something always happens to me when I'm content and enjoying something that ends up ruining my mood?

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

don't get mad at me, BUT i think maybe the reason his comment ruined your day is because you know it's true. if you could drive things migt be a little easier for you. he prob just wants to see you make better use of time, that's all.