Monday, September 13, 2004

A New Day

I finally heard my alarm go off to wake me up. For the first time, I didn't get out of bed and prepare things in a flash. I took my time.

And it felt good.

Yesterday, I was e-mailed by Josh saying to contact David. He saw my blog and said it would be a good idea to start talking to David again. I e-mailed David expressing in so-many words my feelings and fears about talking to him again. He told me to relax and to let him know if I really wanted this or if it was just another rant that means nothing.

If I may go on a tangent, why is it whenever people rant, some people think what is said means nothing? Some rants are pretty much uncensored thoughts. In my opinion, rants are the best way of capturing pure streams of thought and honest feelings next to nothing.

Back to my story...

I talk to David, and it started out rather... well, I want to say rocky, but I don't think that best describes it. We exchanged pleasentries and I updated him on the family.

Then I spilled my guts. I told him that every little thing keeps reminding me of someone over there. Everything from channel surfing to my Russian Nesting Dolls my aunt got me. Surprisingly, David said that they've missed me too. I honestly thought they hated me.

The whole evening was full of surprises, in fact. Well, okay, maybe only three total, but that's a lot for me to take in.

Eventually, I got into such a good mood that I lost track of time slightly. I went to bed not feeling depressed for the first time in over four months.

It's odd. I'm so good at describing pain and torture, but when I want to describe something happy, I cannot even capture that emotion in my words. In art, it's easy. Happy lines and an overly pleasing color scheme does the trick with little to no effort. Words, on the other hand, can never describe how happy I am whenever I am.

Makes me wonder how a Daily Disney World Blog would work out if I had the chance.

I need to eat breakfast before I'm late for World Myth. Why is it that the women in the Buddah myth I had to read are all stupid idiots with the exception of Miao-Shan? Must be the culture.

No comments: