Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Did I mention I hate clay?

I just finished an hour's worth of work fixing two different clay disasters.

The first of which is that instead of getting a really cool pyramid with four points extending out of the plans, I had to cut those triangles off! The reason is because of how I wanted my lid. It would be impossible given then joints and angles for what I originally wanted.

Well, the second lid that I have cut now is even worst. One side has caved in and demanded that I rejoin them together. That's what I spent the last 15 minutes doing. Joining two pieces of clay so thin that it wouldn't even matter if they formed a solid object once they dry.

The piece is drying right now. I just know that once it is fired, it will crack and shatter. I hope it blows up.

No comments: