Thursday, May 31, 2007

Why Travel?

It seems like an easy question, doesn't it? It is one of the last things I have to do today before my last Study Abroad class here in the states. Write an essay, only a paragraph or two long, about why it is important to travel. My teacher even gave us some lead-in's such as "Do you consider yourself a traveler?" and "How much experience do you have traveling and in what context?"

Yet here I am, staring at a blank document screen in my word processor wondering what to write. Why travel? Why see any place at all in person?

I can't write a simple an answer that would be enough for the class. I feel the need to write something philosophical or something that only I would understand. And the odd thing is I don't know what that something I should write is.

I complicate too many easy things.

No comments: