Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tired of Being Tired

Just when I think I have things done, I find out that I'm far from finished. I knew that I would never get to an ideal point in thesis, but at the same time, I didn't expect to hit so many road blocks. I felt like I was on the right path, that I was actually going somewhere with what I was doing. But it turns out I still have some work to do before I can actually get these three large-scale pieces printed. Nothing big, but things that will no doubt push projects back.

I'm just as exhausted right now as I was last week because of all these back and forth and editing and printing and trying to get things ready to show. I'm worried that I may have my tires slashed out from under me again because of some reason I can't foresee. My ultimate due date of Halloween is coming up fast, and while I'm blogging right now at the advise of my teacher to just rest for the day and not tool around with the work any more, I can't help but worry about so many things.

I haven't actually played the game portion of Spore in three weeks now. I barely touch the game except to try and post something about one of my creations on my other blog, which I'm also neglecting due to my thesis. But most of all, I'm just feeling rather tired when I get home or come to the studio. I want to sleep, but I also need to work. I rather play video games and unwind that way rather than struggle to sleep because my work is on my mind.

If this ends well for me, I'm going to look into a vacation to Tokyo.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Work is on my mind
and unresting sleep tempts me
with all's well that ends
.