Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I think it's time.

I've been preparing for my graduation show for a while now, and I'm on the final stretch which involves getting things framed and other formalities.

And I'm finding out fast that my lack of mobility is beginning to be an intrusive burden on others. I am reluctant to accept free rides from those who offer it, and have clearly caused some friction with those who I explain the situation to. I try to make it so that the ride flow isn't going to be a major interruption but just minor detours, but I guess there is no such thing when you end up losing 10 minutes as a result, which naturally just piles on top of itself making my rides even that much more late.

I'm feeling very ashamed right now. So much so that it is triggering my depression in this matter. It's bad enough that I don't know what I'm going to do with myself immediately after graduation.

2 comments:

Robert Stone said...

Always learn new skills --
opportunities ignored
bring future regrets
.

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert,

My haiku for Jon reads a little more directly:

The absolute most
important thing you can do
is learn how to drive.

Not too easy to misinterpret that one, I hope!

Jason