Saturday, May 10, 2008

ATTN: Andrew/Aaron/William/Joshua/James/Dan

By the time you get this message, I'll be comfortably at home trying to figure out if I have a summer job or not.

I was in New York between May 7 and May 9 to visit an art exhibit. My mother was on hand to play tourist. We were able to find our way around relatively easy.

It would be considered foolish of me to think I could run into you in the city at the various tourist hot spots, but I've always been a fool.

I had a nice time in the city. If you want a more detailed report, check my blog next week for the first of two reflections. That is, if you still care.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I am glad to hear that you had a good trip to New York and that getting around was relatively easy. Of course being easy -- whatever the being easy relates to -- is related to our attitudes. If we think something will be hard, it will be harder than it otherwise would. And if we think something will be easy, it will be easier.

It is not unreasonable to expect that from time to time you will run into somebody in an unlikely place -- a someone you already know or someone who will become important to you.

Don't say, "if you still care." There are always people who care. They might even be people whom you don't perceive as having a strong reason to care. Unfortunately there will likely be one or two that don't care. People who don't care are leading a shallow life even if they don't realize it. Life will catch up with them. We should have pity on them.

Robert