Sunday, December 23, 2007

Morning Thoughts

My next day off is Christmas Day, which marks the half-way point of the four week break between semesters.

While I have a plan of attack for the new semester, I haven't done anything for it. What little time I have before work I spend checking mail and message boards, if not blogging while I'm eating breakfast. After work, I'm so exhausted by the never-ending stream of shoppers from the mall that I go straight to bed after taking Skippy out for his evening walk.

The only day I see in the future to work on any of my projects, personal or for the new semester, is Christmas Day. It's as good a time as any to start, but trying to get a whole stack of paper finished? I will have to channel the legendary animator Ub Iwerks if I want to get that many drawings done in a day. Without distraction if I can help it.

I don't know what the deal is, but these last few days have been a little off kilter.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

Maybe imagining that you are channeling another being is the way for you to get things done -- artwise and otherwise.

Robert