Friday, November 01, 2002

Even though last night was Halloween, I got scared for a different reason.

Dan and I were talking about shit when the subject about me getting a job came up. Well, that's the main reason I came up to Seattle anyway. To get a job and start a life I know I would hate to have down there. Still, the strange thing is that there was this part of me that kept saying over and over in my head that I've done something like this before. No, not get a job and start a new life. It was me willingly putting myself on my own in an environment that was somewhat alien because I knew deep down inside I needed this.

And, hell, did I needed to hear what was told to me last night!

I love my parents, don't get me wrong, but the speech that Dan gave me wasn't anything like what they could ever give me. There were two things that hit me when it happened. The first was the harsh hit of reality that everyone in one point of their life gets hit with and has to swallow. That was an immediate and lasting blow. The second was this feeling of great joy. It's strange, but for some reason I KNEW that I was going to be told something like this and was hoping to have it told to me to get me going.

After getting over the scare of what the real world is like, I have to say that it worked. That and a mix of boredom.

No comments: