Thursday, October 03, 2002

I saw a commercial today that made me think really hard about something I have put off for a long time.

In the commercial, a homeless man is looking for change in the park. A young man comes up and drops some change in. The homeless man starts up a conversation asking if there's no school today. The young man says he dropped out. The homeless man then gives back the young man his change. They then flash a black screen with a statistic along the lines of 44% of college drop outs don't make enough money because they can't get a high level/degree job.

I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to go to college now. Granted, I haven't taken it as seriously as I should have. In fact, I've been half-assed about the whole deal. If it's not my grades that can't get me in, I know my wallet can't. I mean, I was told I had this great artistic skill by so many only to get turned down by a relitively new art school.

One step at a time, Zeek. First you need the money. Addmissions will understand... I hope.

No comments: