Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TGITEOTS (Thank God It's The End Of The Semester)

Going to the studio at the school today became a test in resisting temptation and lustful urges. Fear caused by past social experiences cause me to keep my distance from the people I admire, while doubt pokes a stick at my curiosity. A combination of sexual frustration that needs to be released mixed ever nicely with an honest want to find companionship leads to stalker-like behavior and what may very well be an acute development of nymphomania that can only be subdued by traumatic memories of that first real crush I had and the naive path I took to get where I am now.

Part of me wants that fairy tale to happen, where someone is secretly attracted to me that is impossibly out of my league. Or better yet, someone I secretly admire. That someone having more guts and bravery to take the risk that I cannot or will not depending on how you look at things. Oh, how lovely that would be if fairy tales were real and not a fabrication of dreams and wishes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to make your own fairy tales come true. Be your own Prince Charming, etc...

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

When I saw this heading, I thought, "Well, I guess TGI has become a prefix in modern English, just like the old pre- and post- and ante-."

I Googled doubt pokes a stick at my curiosity -- I also put it into Alta Vista -- and it seems no one so far has put that phrase on the web. Do you think it lends itself to a drawing?

I don't know which is worse: having a crush when you are young, or being accused of having a crush when you are old.

Dreams and wishes are fabric. Whether they lead to unreal fairy tales depends on how you weave them together.

Robert

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I was just looking back through some of my comments on your posts and decided a haiku was just waiting:

From dreams and wishes

one can weave either life or

unreal fairy tales
.

Of course this haiku ignores the fact that fairy tales endure because at their core they seize our hearts with the truths that terrify us.

Get busy with life.

Robert