Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Sick Day" -or- "Sleepy Valley Ranch"

These last few days, I've been waking up feeling rather crappy. Not depressed crappy, but more like sickly crappy. I can't tell if it is allergies or if I've actually caught a spring flu. Either way, I haven't been making my way to the studio for the last three days because of this. And I've gone through three-quarters of a bulk supply of Ramen noodles in the process.

Even so, I was able to get something done. Though if it was actually productive in any sense of the word is up for debate. All I know is that with these videos included at the end of this entry, I now have one RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 project done and two others to address. I think I'll revisit my Cinderella fireworks show, since that has to be done in two parts and I want to baby the project just like how I'm babying my Hello Kitty and Sonic the Hedgehog self-portraits for my thesis.

In any event, enjoy Sleep Valley Ranch. My wild west adventure theme park built on the remaining grounds of my "late uncle's horse breeding center." (That's the scenario's story as I wrote it.)



The Native Dance
(A roller coaster I designed in the game)

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I watched these two videos and they did give me a feeling similar to what I use to get when I went to Opryland back before you were born.

I liked the fireworks in this video much better than the ones in the video you posted earlier. The thought did come into my mind that perhaps there is a way to program this so that the fireworks are random and therefore the display would be different each time you looked at this video. Of course I know that is a possibility but I don't know how difficult it would be.

Robert