Thursday, April 03, 2008

Living Thesis

It one thing to research all the academic studies available in some published form involving my thesis. It's another thing to have a case that functions as an example.

Jason's latest blog gave me a ping this morning on Google Reader, and I have to say the entire situation he is going through is pretty much my thesis. This isn't the first time I've heard of him being in this situation. Hell, his own thesis show at Watkins had some of the same problems to some degree. This time around, I don't have enough information to go on to figure out what's the problem this time around. The only thing I can assume is that someone out there has a problem with Jason essentially producing nude self-portraits of himself or the homosexual content involved with it. How that falls under Sexual Harassment is beyond me.

This event is very unfortunate. There is no denying that. Personally, I think Jason would benefit a lot from presenting himself and his artwork up front at the next desk job he chooses to be interviewed for if and when that time comes. It certainly can't hurt him.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I have just read the blog post by Jason to which you refer.

My first thought was, isn't he in San Francisco? What do companies in that city expect?

I have been fascinated with Jason ever since I ran across his work on the web but I have never personally found it to be sexually stimulating. Is that strange? I think that it is and I don't have any explanation for my non-reaction to it.

When Jason writes me, I never know quite what to expect but I am always very happy to hear from him regardless of the tone or the content.

Almost a year ago, I described Jason as "someone who was doing something that I thought ought to be done and which I could not personally do."

I think a little cry would help me too.

Robert