Monday, February 25, 2008

Mould Crush Art

Every have one of those days where things go wrong the moment you make a single choice you knew you shouldn’t have made? Today seems like that kind of day for me.

I went into the studio today to work on my mould. It was a one-time mould, meant only as a medium transfer between positives of the sculpture I was working on. I kept getting set back farther and farther from my goal today because my mould wasn’t as clean as it could have been. And it was only a one-time thing where if I got a positive that I wanted, that’s it. Throw it away. Yeah, I know, that’s a waste of what could be a nice item that could be mass produced, but I am not a sculpture artist, nor do I want to be one in that sense.

Should have bought the Sculpi over the weekend, but I guess I decided I didn’t need it. Sculpi is easier. You just put it in the shape you want and bake it in the oven. Trouble is, my armature is a Coke bottle, which isn’t very oven-friendly.

As if that isn’t bad enough, I found myself experiencing more of my sexual frustration that not even a bartender from Tribe (which, incidentally, there is one attending the school) could fix! My latest “College Crush,” if you can call him that, has a picture from his Drawing 1 class in the hallway. It is a photo realistic portrait that I can’t help staring at every time I walk past it. Every time I walk past him I can’t help but look at him as he glides along the floor. The fact that he also wears some of the tightest shirts that accent a very lean physique isn’t helping either. It’s winter, for crying out loud! He shouldn’t be wearing clothing that should be worn on the beach at summer time! Even when he’s not, he still looks just as attractive to me in his leather jackets. One was a classic aviator jacket; today he had on a black leather jacket that evoked class and style.

I feel like my resolution to think positive has wavered, so I’ll close my entry knowing the one good thing that came out of today.

I actually was able to concentrate on my work and not on my RollerCoaster Tycoon projects while I was in the studio. I think it has something to do with the fact that I’ve become aware of my show date. I was fine with the April 4th deadline and not knowing where I fall in the show order. Knowing that I’m first has made me more focused.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

Do you realize that you are talking about two kinds of armature in this blog post? A Coke bottle for your sculpture and a very lean physique in your fellow human being!

Robert