Monday, August 28, 2006

Trapped by Addiction

It looks like my old habits are back in full force thanks to the trampling of my will power by stress and social detachment.

I found myself yesterday from about 05:00 to 21:00 straight in front of the computer trying to figure out the fireworks customization feature on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (which I bought the day before when I was out getting supplies for my classes). That's about 16 hours straight of nothing by me looking at a bunch of pixels.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until dinner when the system frustrated me to the ends where I was taken out of the game. But by then, the damage was done. Obsessed with trying to figure it out, I ended up not eating or even accomplishing any of my homework assignments! What little work I did before yesterday needs to be proof read and printed, but that's all I did.

I know something is wrong. I haven't had this long of a gaming binge in over a year. I thought I was about to quit this, but much like every other person's vice, it's a hell of a lot harder than I thought.

Something is bothering me. I don't just play a newly bought game for 16 hours straight if nothing is bothering me. I at least make an effort to eat if nothing is bothering me.

No comments: