Friday, August 25, 2006

Resigned

With everyone running into each other in the hallways, everyone is greeting each other with the standard phrases. "How are you doing?" Good. "How was your summer?" Good. "How is your first week so far?" Good.

I can't say that I'm not guilty of doing this myself, but someone more observant than myself saw something outside of the standard answer.

Apparently, my mind has resigned itself from the idea of college if not the environment of Watkins to begin with. Why this is the case is beyond me at the moment. It's only been a week and already I want to quit? How can this be?

I'm going to go back to sleep to see if those answers can't come to me in a dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how much I hate wishy-washy advice like "Just trust your heart!" but I think it's not totally inappropriate. Intuition is there for a reason. Maybe you're starting to wake up to a realization of some sort? Ugh, now I sound like a bad fortune cookie. What if you took the semester off and just worked for a semester? Do you think that might provide any clarity?