Saturday, January 17, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

For a long time, I was half-joking about a scenario where the managers would have to suddenly close down the consession stand due to the fact that the crowd wouldn't let up and labor laws required us to have a break.

That happened today. Kind of.

When our afternoon rush ended, I found myself by myself in the consession stand trying to restock that entire thing. I did not know what was going on and was being told several things to do all at once. I grew more confused and with that confusion got more frustrated. Visibly so. After being told to do thirty different things at once, the last thing I was told was to help a customer.

I threw a tantrum of sorts, slamming the candy drawer I was counting knowing that I won't get a proper stock list done in time for the next rush because of said customer. Rightfully appauled by my actions, they complained to customer service.

I recieved a verbal warning. I defended my position saying what was going on, and I even went as far as to retell the bad history I have of being left alone in consession to fend for myself and then being blamed for mistakes made by the managers.

Eventually, everything got sorted out.

Unfortunately, I'm still kind of sick. The stress and anger is probably going to put my system into shock when I calm down to go to sleep. And I have to work tomorrow, as well.

No comments: