Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wanted & To Want

Well, today was the day I got to hang out with an old friend. We caught up on several things and had a great night as friends. I even treated him to a free movie: Wanted.

The film itself was very entertaining and visually spectacular if only in a few places. But to be honest, it was just like any other "shoot 'em up" film. The concept was as interesting as the trailer and press made it out to be. It was the execution that made me feel a little bit like I've seen this film before.

The day itself, however, went pretty much like how I knew it would. Whatever thoughts and whatever fancies I had about what could happen did not. But that's par for the course. What did happen was a night where, for the first time, I was able to sit next to someone I have admitted that I was and still am attracted to and not have a case of nymphomania. A good thing for both me and him.

Still, though. Sitting here recalling the evening, a part of me yearns for more. Not sexually, but something small that would be a big thing for me.

Like a friendly hug...

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

A good hug is always a good thing.

A good relationship always involves being able to sit quietly together, by which, I mean sitting without doing anything in particular.

Robert