Thursday, July 03, 2008

Something's Not Right

Ever since I finished writing my last post, I've had this feeling in my gut that something isn't right. Not with my situation, but in general.

It's an eerie and foreboding feeling. The kind scary movies try to make you feel through really bad foreshadowing. It's not quite paranoia, but it is also well above insecurity.

Something doesn't feel right. There's a foul wind in the air. One that bids ill tidings for any that should be caught in its wake. One that may cause me to build a higher wall to keep the hurt out.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

This sounds like Shakespearean writing, especially Macbeth and Hamlet.

Some might say that you are describing the upcoming election. Some might say that you are taking note of the end of Western Civilization. But I remember sometimes feeling this way when I was in my twenties and I don't remember blaming things in general.

I think you are reacting to discovering that the corporate world does not play by what you consider moral -- not even ethical -- standards.

Building those higher walls won't help. Feelings walk right through them.

Robert