Wednesday, July 23, 2008

David

For the past several nights now, I've been having the same dream.

It starts out dark. I find myself woken up by some noise. I look around and find myself in an apartment. The noise is a door closing and a member of my family telling me to wake up. I look around and find a familiar place I've been to in my life. Barcelona, Venice, a random mountain cabin possibly in Oregon or Virginia. I get excited and suddenly remember that I am suppose to give a tour of the places I've been.

But as I lead the group around, I get lost. Buildings end up not looking the same as I remember them. The sky is a bright spring blue, the trees wearing their fall colors, but everyone we pass is in summer clothing. As I look up out of frustration, a series of clouds form the shape of a heart faster than they would in real life but slower than they do in cartoons. I remember a name.

And then I wake up.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

I'm not into dream interpretation but this seems to be related to your school work.

All the old familiar things are around you but they have new significances awaiting you.

When you consider them, you realize that you have not yet created a new story about them.

Each thing is waiting for you to give it a new name.

And, then there is a completely different interpretation....

Robert